Tuesday 26 March 2013

THIS PHOTO SUMMARIZES THE NEW RICH AFRICA.....




A brand new porsche driving down, a dusty, narrow little African road. This image, helps to capture the new wave of "New Rich Africans", multiplying in number annually, as if  almost an out of control plague. You buy a 100,000 dollar sports car and drive it on a road filled with pot holes, just to say "I can buy one". You buy a twenty million dollar private jet, and land it in some hopelessly ill maintained runway, praying you will land safely, and live another day.
You build a seven room mansion, without any running water, embarrassing your guests when they need to use the guest toilet. And so the new rich, show up, delivering what I summarize the half deliverables, in the ever quest to prove "I can buy, I can have." maybe to their immediate neighbors living in hellish slums. Long gone are the days, that a sincere display of sheer common sense, and intelligence, was enough to do the trick! As the song goes.... " O Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz, all my friends drive Porsches and I must make mends".....

Photo: BBC news.

No comments:

Post a Comment